Monday, June 22, 2009

Beecher's Blank Slate - Tapenade

The last of my Beecher's Cheese reviews goes to Blank Slate - Tapenade.

http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/shop_beecherscheeses_blankslate_tapenade.html

From the website: "Blank Slate - Tapenade is a naturally cultured, soft, fresh farmer's cheese combined with a mixture of green, black and kalamata olives, fresh garlic, herbs and spices. It has a lively, Mediterranean flavor."

Now, I was having a hard time deciding between a 2- or 3-star rating for this cheese. I decided to give it a 3 because my issues with it are more a matter of personal taste, and because I love Beecher's Cheeses in general.

The main problem I have with the Blank Slate Tapenade is that their farmer's cheese is naturally quite tangy. Pair that with pieces of tangy olives and you have a lot of tang. I can't handle very much tang; I'm tang-sensitive. That's right. If you like tangy, and olives of course, then you'll probably enjoy this soft, spreadable, cracker-ready cheese.

RATING: 3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment