Monday, June 22, 2009

Beecher's Blank Slate - Honey

Next up in my review of Beecher's cheeses is their honey-flavored Blank Slate.

http://www.beechershandmadecheese.com/shop_beecherscheeses_blankslate_honey.html

From Beecher's site: "Blank Slate - Honey is a naturally cultured, soft, fresh farmer's cheese sweetened with local Washington honey. The flavor is lush and soft with a sweet finish."

And oh Lord, it is good. An incredibly fresh-tasting, light, milky, soft cheese with the most delicate honey flavor. I go insane for anything that tastes like honey (including honey itself), so naturally I adore this cheese.

As per the serving suggestions on the Beecher's website - yes, spreading it on a bagel is delicious. So is eating it on mild (i.e. not salty) crackers. It will pair very well with any light breakfast, I kind of think of it as a breakfast cheese. But, if you put some on top of a warm piece of apple or blueberry pie, I bet you'd die. I'd definitely die. Of JOY.

RATING: 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment